New York native and ocean-loving swimwear designer Marysia Reeves dives into the details that inspire her to create bikinis for her eponymous line. Summer may be winding down, but that doesn't mean we can't continue loving these scallop-trimmed two-pieces! Wherever there's water, there's a way.
My first daughter. I wasn't working when she was born, but then I had a sudden urge and push to go and do something she can be proud of one day. I wanted to make a beautiful life for us and to me a life spent in a swimsuit is ideal.
2. Describe the Marysia Swim girl in 3 words:
modern, fun, chic
3. Who do you have in mind when you create your designs?
My It girls like Leandra Madine, Hannah Bronfman, and Gaia Repossi, along with our customers who leave us comments and requests of what they are looking for.
4. How does living in NYC inspire you and your designs?
It's unending inspiration. Sometimes it's hard to tell what, when and where it happened but I'm inspired by the energy, so creating something new is never a problem.
5. Where is your favorite place to wear you bikinis?
I guess my favorite would be a cool resort like Florblanca, Costa RIca. 'm always wearing my own designs to the pool, beach, spa.
6. What was the design process behind your Summer collection?
I wanted to give our girl something with a little more punch with the cobalt blue. I wanted to make the styles simple but strong at the same time. It was all about the modern look.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
I'm there! NYC is ideal for me. I'm working on the beach shack in Montauk and then I'll be set!
8. What are 5 things you must bring to the beach?
My panama hat, beach towel from our family's beach club, La- Roche Posay sunscreen, and Oliver Peoples sunglasses – all in the Marysia SwIm beach tote.