Black is such a classic color—you can really play it up and look extremely sexy, or keep it totally classic. The trick is showing skin and adding edge at all the right places, but also keeping your look slightly mellow. Here are a couple pieces to get you started:
1. Nightcap is one of my favorite lines this season—they have the best dresses and this is one of my favorites. The lace and Victorian collar keep it classy, but you still get show off your legs and a sexy cut-out in the back!
2. Back in the day, people would make beautiful jewelry out of materials like gold, garnets, and resin. I love the use of resin on this necklace! It's simple, yet very glamorous.
3. This Donna Mizani skirt has pops of geometric mesh sections that look like it's sheer to the skin, but it's not.
4. These shoes remind me of Brian Atwood's Harrison Chain-Trimmed pumps, but way more affordable. I love the corset style lacing on the heel!
5. The straps are very edgy. I love juxtapositions: light and dark, symmetry and asymmetry, and in this case, the lady with a classic pump meets a edgy, rock 'n' roll-er.
—By Deborah Zee of Hypebeast