The quintessential LA uniform comprises of worn-in jeans (either by purchase or relentless wear), sunglasses, and the perfectly relaxed t-shirt. And that t-shirt is more than likely by LAmade. We had a quick chit-chat with the design team about some favorite city haunts, design inspirations, and selling coconuts in Bali.
1. Describe the LAmade girl in 3 words: Confident, hip, laid-back.
2. What was your inspiration for the spring collection? Metropolitan laid-back goddess
3. What is it about LA that sets itself apart from all other cities? In LA you can wear flip flops and sweats with a great pair of shades to a fancy restaurant, be seated next to someone in head-to-toe sequins and nobody will think twice about it.
4. How does LAmade reflect the spirit of LA? Lamade embodies the spirit of LA by being understated and casually cool. There is an underlying comfort level that exists in all realms of this city.
5. Where would your dream second home be other than your own in LA? The coast in Barcelona, Spain exudes a similar type of urban, laid-back feeling as LA, but with a European twist. The architecture, art, and fashion that come together in one place is a true inspiration for all parts of life.
6. Describe the perfect day in WeHo. Walk my dog, stop at Toast for lunch, have bloody marys on a patio for 4 hours and then throw on my favorite LAmade tee, leather pants and stilettos for dinner at Boa!
7. What is your favorite Spring trend? Bold pop colors mixed with understated neutrals.
8. What is your favorite piece from the collection, and why? The blazer and the button-down with the color blocking. Both pieces are great essentials for any closet. They can be mixed and matched with almost anything and work as great layering and statement pieces for Spring.
9. 5 things you can't live without: Coffee, music, slippers, kimonos, toilet paper.
10. Whose celebrity style do you admire the most? Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Elle Macpherson.
11. If you weren't a clothing designer, what would you be doing? Selling coconuts on a beach in Bali.